• Contact Us
  • Login
Subscribe
LittleAfrica News
  • Home
  • Trump Admin
  • NYC 2025 Elections
    • Public Advocate Candidates Forum
    • Comptroller Candidates Forum
    • Meet The Candidates Video Interview Series
  • Metro
  • U.S.
  • International
    • Africa
    • Caribbean
    • Europe
    • Latin America
  • Podcasts
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Trump Admin
  • NYC 2025 Elections
    • Public Advocate Candidates Forum
    • Comptroller Candidates Forum
    • Meet The Candidates Video Interview Series
  • Metro
  • U.S.
  • International
    • Africa
    • Caribbean
    • Europe
    • Latin America
  • Podcasts
No Result
View All Result
LittleAfrica News
No Result
View All Result
Home News Metro

DOJ Orders Dismissal of Corruption Charges Against NYC Mayor Eric Adams

Maria Cruz by Maria Cruz
February 11, 2025
in Metro, NYC 2025 Elections, Politics, U.S.
DOJ Orders Dismissal of Corruption Charges Against NYC Mayor Eric Adams
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has instructed federal prosecutors in New York to drop corruption charges against New York City Mayor Eric Adams on Monday, February 10th, citing concerns over election interference and the mayor’s ability to address crime and illegal immigration.

Acting Deputy Attorney General Emil Bove sent a memo to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York (SDNY), directing prosecutors to dismiss the case without prejudice. The decision comes months after Adams was indicted on bribery, conspiracy, and campaign finance charges related to alleged illegal contributions from Turkish business people. He has pleaded not guilty.

“You are directed, as authorized by the Attorney General, to dismiss the pending charges in United States v. Adams as soon as practicable,” Bove wrote. The memo specifies that Adams must agree to the dismissal without prejudice, meaning the case could be revisited, and that no investigative steps should be taken until after the 2025 mayoral election.

Bove’s directive cited broader policy concerns, referencing an executive order by President Donald Trump aimed at preventing the “weaponization” of law enforcement. He argued that the prosecution had “unduly restricted” Adams’ ability to focus on crime and illegal immigration, issues the Trump administration has prioritized.

“The timing of the charges and more recent public actions by the former U.S. Attorney responsible for initiating the case have threatened the integrity of the proceedings,” Bove wrote. He also pointed to Adams’ past criticism of Biden-era immigration policies, suggesting the case against him had been politically motivated.

The move has drawn criticism from legal experts. Stephen Gillers, a professor at NYU Law, called the decision “a baseless and offensive slur” against the prosecutors who brought the case. The Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s Office, which filed the charges, has not yet commented on whether it will comply with the DOJ’s directive.

Adams’ attorney, Alex Spiro, welcomed the development. “As I said from the outset, the mayor is innocent—and he would prevail. Today he has,” Spiro said.

The mayor recently met with Trump in Florida and denied discussing his case with the president. In recent weeks, his administration has also aligned more closely with federal immigration authorities, directing city agencies to cooperate in enforcement efforts despite New York City’s longstanding sanctuary policies.

The case may be reconsidered after the election, but the DOJ’s directive changes the course of the legal proceedings. The court will make the final determination by deciding whether to approve the prosecution’s motion to dismiss.

Tags: DOJEmil BoveEric AdamsFederal ChargesJustice DepartmentNYC MayorSDNYTrump Administration

Related Posts

West Virginia Guardswoman Dies Following Shooting Near White House
U.S.

West Virginia Guardswoman Dies Following Shooting Near White House

November 28, 2025
0
Trump Announces Immigration Pause From Third World Countries
Immigration

Trump Announces Immigration Pause From Third World Countries

November 28, 2025
0
Trump Announces Exclusion of South Africa From 2026 G20 Summit in the U.S.
U.S.

Trump Announces Exclusion of South Africa From 2026 G20 Summit in the U.S.

November 26, 2025
0
Mamdani Requests Resignations from 179 Adams Staffers
Mayor-Elect Mamdani

Mamdani Requests Resignations from 179 Adams Staffers

November 26, 2025
0
Two National Guard Members Shot Near White House, Shooter Captured
U.S.

Two National Guard Members Shot Near White House, Shooter Captured

November 26, 2025
0
LittleAfrica News Logo

Local, National, and International News for the Diaspora

BOMESI - Black Owned Media Equity and Sustainability Institute

Recent Posts

  • West Virginia Guardswoman Dies Following Shooting Near White House
  • Trump Announces Immigration Pause From Third World Countries
  • Trump Announces Exclusion of South Africa From 2026 G20 Summit in the U.S.
  • Mamdani Requests Resignations from 179 Adams Staffers
  • Two National Guard Members Shot Near White House, Shooter Captured

Menu

  • Home
  • Trump Admin
  • NYC 2025 Elections
    • Public Advocate Candidates Forum
    • Comptroller Candidates Forum
    • Meet The Candidates Video Interview Series
  • Metro
  • U.S.
  • International
    • Africa
    • Caribbean
    • Europe
    • Latin America
  • Podcasts

© 2025 LittleAfrica News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Home
  • Letters to the Editor
  • Mona Davids, Founder and Publisher
  • Mymoena Kalinisan-Davids, Director of Communications and Editor-in-Chief
  • Newspaper Digital Editions

© 2025 LittleAfrica News. All Rights Reserved.

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?